For 4-5 servings:
40grams of red lentils [masoor daal]
40 grams of split yellow lentils [mung daal]
1 cup of chopped carrots
1 cup of chopped radish
one small cubed beetroot
1/2 cup of green peas.
6 cherry tomatoes or 2 medium sized chopped tomatoes
2tbsp chopped coriander leaves
2 green chillies
1tbsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp asafoetida [hing]
1 tsp black cumin seeds [sahi jeera]
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
salt pepper to to taste.
For tempering [tadka]:
1tsp whole coriander seeds
3 green cardamom
one 1 inch piece of cinnamon
1 tb red chilli powder
one medium sized chopped onion
1.Soak the lentils in water for 30 mins.
2. In a pressure cooker add 2 cups of water and add all the vegetables, lentils and all the spices [except green chilli & spices for tempering].
3. Cook for 2 whistles and do not open the lid of the pressure cooker at least 10 mins.
4. Now in a separate large pan heat 3-4 tbsp of oil add coriander seeds, green cardamom and cinnamon and fry them until they start to sizzle.
5. Add chopped onion and chilli powder and fry for 3-4 mins.
6. Add the boiled lentil and vegetables in to the pan with fried onion and boil on high heat for about 3-4 mins.
7. Add coriander leaves and green chilli. Serve hot with rice or bread.